Okay, so how about this…

1.) We add “minor test fixes” to the commit-then-review bucket.

(…and then because I think this doesn’t really cover the “major test fixes” 
category…)

2.) Code changes affecting only test code, including new tests, require one +1 
committer vote.

(…and we haven’t talked about this, but it would be nice to add)

3.) CI results must be posted for all affected branches prior to commit.

> On Sep 25, 2026, at 9:57 AM, Benedict Elliott Smith <[email protected]> 
> wrote:
> 
> Sorry, missed your earlier message! Yes, agreed, this would seem simpler all 
> round.
> 
> Obviously, this covers the proposed scenario of a non-committer change, since 
> a committer must actually merge the change anyway.
> 
> 
>> On 2026/09/25 14:51:07 Brandon Williams wrote:
>>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 9:48 AM Benedict Elliott Smith
>>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Correcting typos, docs, website, and comments etc operate a “Commit Then 
>>>> Review” policy
>>> 
>>> I would even be fine with including minor test-only fixes under this more 
>>> permissive policy
>> 
>> This is what I was referring to earlier, and I agree.
>> 
>> Kind Regards,
>> Brandon
>> 

Reply via email to