+1

On Fri, 25 Sept 2026 at 08:14, Bernardo Botella
<[email protected]> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> El vie, 25 sept 2026 a las 3:57, Caleb Rackliffe (<[email protected]>) 
> escribió:
>>
>> Alright, so I guess it's 
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/spaces/CASSANDRA/pages/158863606/Cassandra+Project+Governance
>>
>> What I would add is a new entry:
>>
>> 4. Code modifications made solely to existing tests require one non-author 
>> +1 committer vote.
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 7:29 PM Caleb Rackliffe <[email protected]> 
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> It seems like everyone agrees with the basic idea here. The question is 
>>> whether we actually need to codify anything/change wikis, etc. If we did, 
>>> what would be the best place to do that?
>>>
>>> I have never +1’d a patch without reviewing it, and I guess I’m curious 
>>> about whether I’m alone here 😅
>>>
>>> > On Sep 24, 2026, at 6:33 PM, Francisco Guerrero <[email protected]> 
>>> > wrote:
>>> >
>>> > Sounds reasonable to me. +1
>>> >
>>> >> On 2026/09/24 23:02:03 Patrick McFadin wrote:
>>> >> +1
>>> >>
>>> >> Patrick
>>> >>
>>> >>>> On Sep 24, 2026, at 3:29 PM, Josh McKenzie <[email protected]> 
>>> >>>> wrote:
>>> >>>
>>> >>> 
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> but it would be confusing if we introduce requirements that are 
>>> >>>> inconsistent with those we already have.
>>> >>> Seems like the requirements we already have are confusing to many now, 
>>> >>> given some of the chatter on the other thread.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> I’m +1 to the above relaxations.
>>> >>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2026, at 5:40 PM, Benedict Elliott Smith wrote:
>>> >>>> To reiterate, currently there is no requirement for committers to 
>>> >>>> review a contribution. The policy is worded quite precisely: at least 
>>> >>>> one *contributor* must review a change, and at least two committers 
>>> >>>> must approve the change (one of whom may be the author).
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> The approval may consist of trust that the contributor's experience is 
>>> >>>> appropriate for the patch in question.
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> I am open to the thrust of the refinement, but it would be confusing 
>>> >>>> if we introduce requirements that are inconsistent with those we 
>>> >>>> already have.
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> On 2026/09/24 19:44:34 Caleb Rackliffe wrote:
>>> >>>>> I'm spinning this out of the other thread we have going right now on 
>>> >>>>> LLM
>>> >>>>> usage...
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> I'd like to propose that we slightly change the way we deal with 
>>> >>>>> incoming
>>> >>>>> patches that only touch existing tests.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> *Current Policy (and please correct me if I've misinterpreted our 
>>> >>>>> current
>>> >>>>> rules)*
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> Fixes from non-committer contributors that only touch existing tests 
>>> >>>>> in an
>>> >>>>> effort to stabilize them still require 2 committer reviewers before 
>>> >>>>> commit.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> *Proposed Policy*
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> Fixes of this type from non-committer contributors only require one
>>> >>>>> committer review. CI verification of the effectiveness of the fix is 
>>> >>>>> still
>>> >>>>> required, etc.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> ...
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> That's it. I'm just looking for ways to make small, reasonable 
>>> >>>>> changes that
>>> >>>>> might free up committer bandwidth for some of the larger, more
>>> >>>>> earth-shaking things happening right now.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>
>>> >>

Reply via email to