Alright, so I guess it's
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/spaces/CASSANDRA/pages/158863606/Cassandra+Project+Governance

What I would add is a new entry:

4. Code modifications made solely to existing tests require one non-author
+1 committer vote.

On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 7:29 PM Caleb Rackliffe <[email protected]>
wrote:

> It seems like everyone agrees with the basic idea here. The question is
> whether we actually need to codify anything/change wikis, etc. If we did,
> what would be the best place to do that?
>
> I have never +1’d a patch without reviewing it, and I guess I’m curious
> about whether I’m alone here 😅
>
> > On Sep 24, 2026, at 6:33 PM, Francisco Guerrero <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Sounds reasonable to me. +1
> >
> >> On 2026/09/24 23:02:03 Patrick McFadin wrote:
> >> +1
> >>
> >> Patrick
> >>
> >>>> On Sep 24, 2026, at 3:29 PM, Josh McKenzie <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >>>
> >>> 
> >>>>
> >>>> but it would be confusing if we introduce requirements that are
> inconsistent with those we already have.
> >>> Seems like the requirements we already have are confusing to many now,
> given some of the chatter on the other thread.
> >>>
> >>> I’m +1 to the above relaxations.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2026, at 5:40 PM, Benedict Elliott Smith wrote:
> >>>> To reiterate, currently there is no requirement for committers to
> review a contribution. The policy is worded quite precisely: at least one
> *contributor* must review a change, and at least two committers must
> approve the change (one of whom may be the author).
> >>>>
> >>>> The approval may consist of trust that the contributor's experience
> is appropriate for the patch in question.
> >>>>
> >>>> I am open to the thrust of the refinement, but it would be confusing
> if we introduce requirements that are inconsistent with those we already
> have.
> >>>>
> >>>> On 2026/09/24 19:44:34 Caleb Rackliffe wrote:
> >>>>> I'm spinning this out of the other thread we have going right now on
> LLM
> >>>>> usage...
> >>>>>
> >>>>> I'd like to propose that we slightly change the way we deal with
> incoming
> >>>>> patches that only touch existing tests.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> *Current Policy (and please correct me if I've misinterpreted our
> current
> >>>>> rules)*
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Fixes from non-committer contributors that only touch existing tests
> in an
> >>>>> effort to stabilize them still require 2 committer reviewers before
> commit.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> *Proposed Policy*
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Fixes of this type from non-committer contributors only require one
> >>>>> committer review. CI verification of the effectiveness of the fix is
> still
> >>>>> required, etc.
> >>>>>
> >>>>> ...
> >>>>>
> >>>>> That's it. I'm just looking for ways to make small, reasonable
> changes that
> >>>>> might free up committer bandwidth for some of the larger, more
> >>>>> earth-shaking things happening right now.
> >>>>>
> >>>>
> >>
>

Reply via email to