+1 for tests and any non-code PRs like docs/readme/comments etc. This will help 
unemployed engineers trying to show OSS experience in their resume or employed 
engineers trying to increase their breadth etc during onboarding to C*.



> On Sep 25, 2026, at 8:12 AM, Maxim Muzafarov <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> +1
> 
> On Fri, 25 Sept 2026 at 08:14, Bernardo Botella
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> +1
>> 
>> El vie, 25 sept 2026 a las 3:57, Caleb Rackliffe 
>> (<[email protected]>) escribió:
>>> 
>>> Alright, so I guess it's 
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/spaces/CASSANDRA/pages/158863606/Cassandra+Project+Governance
>>> 
>>> What I would add is a new entry:
>>> 
>>> 4. Code modifications made solely to existing tests require one non-author 
>>> +1 committer vote.
>>> 
>>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 7:29 PM Caleb Rackliffe <[email protected]> 
>>> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> It seems like everyone agrees with the basic idea here. The question is 
>>>> whether we actually need to codify anything/change wikis, etc. If we did, 
>>>> what would be the best place to do that?
>>>> 
>>>> I have never +1’d a patch without reviewing it, and I guess I’m curious 
>>>> about whether I’m alone here 😅
>>>> 
>>>>> On Sep 24, 2026, at 6:33 PM, Francisco Guerrero <[email protected]> 
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> Sounds reasonable to me. +1
>>>>> 
>>>>>> On 2026/09/24 23:02:03 Patrick McFadin wrote:
>>>>>> +1
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> Patrick
>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> On Sep 24, 2026, at 3:29 PM, Josh McKenzie <[email protected]> 
>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> but it would be confusing if we introduce requirements that are 
>>>>>>>> inconsistent with those we already have.
>>>>>>> Seems like the requirements we already have are confusing to many now, 
>>>>>>> given some of the chatter on the other thread.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> I’m +1 to the above relaxations.
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2026, at 5:40 PM, Benedict Elliott Smith wrote:
>>>>>>>> To reiterate, currently there is no requirement for committers to 
>>>>>>>> review a contribution. The policy is worded quite precisely: at least 
>>>>>>>> one *contributor* must review a change, and at least two committers 
>>>>>>>> must approve the change (one of whom may be the author).
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> The approval may consist of trust that the contributor's experience is 
>>>>>>>> appropriate for the patch in question.
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> I am open to the thrust of the refinement, but it would be confusing 
>>>>>>>> if we introduce requirements that are inconsistent with those we 
>>>>>>>> already have.
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> On 2026/09/24 19:44:34 Caleb Rackliffe wrote:
>>>>>>>>> I'm spinning this out of the other thread we have going right now on 
>>>>>>>>> LLM
>>>>>>>>> usage...
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> I'd like to propose that we slightly change the way we deal with 
>>>>>>>>> incoming
>>>>>>>>> patches that only touch existing tests.
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> *Current Policy (and please correct me if I've misinterpreted our 
>>>>>>>>> current
>>>>>>>>> rules)*
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> Fixes from non-committer contributors that only touch existing tests 
>>>>>>>>> in an
>>>>>>>>> effort to stabilize them still require 2 committer reviewers before 
>>>>>>>>> commit.
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> *Proposed Policy*
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> Fixes of this type from non-committer contributors only require one
>>>>>>>>> committer review. CI verification of the effectiveness of the fix is 
>>>>>>>>> still
>>>>>>>>> required, etc.
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> ...
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>> That's it. I'm just looking for ways to make small, reasonable 
>>>>>>>>> changes that
>>>>>>>>> might free up committer bandwidth for some of the larger, more
>>>>>>>>> earth-shaking things happening right now.
>>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 

Reply via email to