I'll start a VOTE thread...

On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 11:03 AM Brandon Williams <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is a DISCUSS thread, for the record should we have a VOTE?
>
> Kind Regards,
> Brandon
>
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 8:57 PM Caleb Rackliffe
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Alright, so I guess it's
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/spaces/CASSANDRA/pages/158863606/Cassandra+Project+Governance
> >
> > What I would add is a new entry:
> >
> > 4. Code modifications made solely to existing tests require one
> non-author +1 committer vote.
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 7:29 PM Caleb Rackliffe <
> [email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> It seems like everyone agrees with the basic idea here. The question is
> whether we actually need to codify anything/change wikis, etc. If we did,
> what would be the best place to do that?
> >>
> >> I have never +1’d a patch without reviewing it, and I guess I’m curious
> about whether I’m alone here 😅
> >>
> >> > On Sep 24, 2026, at 6:33 PM, Francisco Guerrero <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >> >
> >> > Sounds reasonable to me. +1
> >> >
> >> >> On 2026/09/24 23:02:03 Patrick McFadin wrote:
> >> >> +1
> >> >>
> >> >> Patrick
> >> >>
> >> >>>> On Sep 24, 2026, at 3:29 PM, Josh McKenzie <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >> >>>
> >> >>> 
> >> >>>>
> >> >>>> but it would be confusing if we introduce requirements that are
> inconsistent with those we already have.
> >> >>> Seems like the requirements we already have are confusing to many
> now, given some of the chatter on the other thread.
> >> >>>
> >> >>> I’m +1 to the above relaxations.
> >> >>>
> >> >>>
> >> >>>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2026, at 5:40 PM, Benedict Elliott Smith wrote:
> >> >>>> To reiterate, currently there is no requirement for committers to
> review a contribution. The policy is worded quite precisely: at least one
> *contributor* must review a change, and at least two committers must
> approve the change (one of whom may be the author).
> >> >>>>
> >> >>>> The approval may consist of trust that the contributor's
> experience is appropriate for the patch in question.
> >> >>>>
> >> >>>> I am open to the thrust of the refinement, but it would be
> confusing if we introduce requirements that are inconsistent with those we
> already have.
> >> >>>>
> >> >>>> On 2026/09/24 19:44:34 Caleb Rackliffe wrote:
> >> >>>>> I'm spinning this out of the other thread we have going right now
> on LLM
> >> >>>>> usage...
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>> I'd like to propose that we slightly change the way we deal with
> incoming
> >> >>>>> patches that only touch existing tests.
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>> *Current Policy (and please correct me if I've misinterpreted our
> current
> >> >>>>> rules)*
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>> Fixes from non-committer contributors that only touch existing
> tests in an
> >> >>>>> effort to stabilize them still require 2 committer reviewers
> before commit.
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>> *Proposed Policy*
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>> Fixes of this type from non-committer contributors only require
> one
> >> >>>>> committer review. CI verification of the effectiveness of the fix
> is still
> >> >>>>> required, etc.
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>> ...
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>> That's it. I'm just looking for ways to make small, reasonable
> changes that
> >> >>>>> might free up committer bandwidth for some of the larger, more
> >> >>>>> earth-shaking things happening right now.
> >> >>>>>
> >> >>>>
> >> >>
>

Reply via email to