> Correcting typos, docs, website, and comments etc operate a “Commit Then 
> Review” policy
Oof; words are hard. I read this as "correcting typos in docs, typos in the 
website, and typos in comments are 'commit then review', not "you can mutate 
these 3 domains w/a commit then review".

Probably because coming from a baseline of "review then commit, 2 committers on 
everything", the first concept that defensibly matches that text (most 
conservatively) is my in retrospect rather incorrect interpretation. :)

Long winded way to say: I think you're right Benedict and I'd just internalized 
an incorrect mental model of the above.

I'm wary of commit-then-review on tests; our tests can be pretty hairy / nasty 
/ racy / complex, so at least having a single review on a test fix seems like 
it might be worthwhile. If we formalized multiplexing tests fixes and 
integrated jacoco coverage w/a requirement bar + some kind of allowable pmd / 
static analysis complexity ceiling in our checkstyle process for changes, I 
think this could work.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2026, at 10:57 AM, Benedict Elliott Smith wrote:
> Sorry, missed your earlier message! Yes, agreed, this would seem simpler all 
> round.
> 
> Obviously, this covers the proposed scenario of a non-committer change, since 
> a committer must actually merge the change anyway.
> 
> 
> On 2026/09/25 14:51:07 Brandon Williams wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 25, 2026 at 9:48 AM Benedict Elliott Smith
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Correcting typos, docs, website, and comments etc operate a “Commit 
> > > > Then Review” policy
> > >
> > > I would even be fine with including minor test-only fixes under this more 
> > > permissive policy
> > 
> > This is what I was referring to earlier, and I agree.
> > 
> > Kind Regards,
> > Brandon
> > 
> 

Reply via email to