> but it would be confusing if we introduce requirements that are inconsistent 
> with those we already have.
Seems like the requirements we already have are confusing to many now, given 
some of the chatter on the other thread.

I’m +1 to the above relaxations. 


On Thu, Sep 24, 2026, at 5:40 PM, Benedict Elliott Smith wrote:
> To reiterate, currently there is no requirement for committers to review a 
> contribution. The policy is worded quite precisely: at least one 
> *contributor* must review a change, and at least two committers must approve 
> the change (one of whom may be the author).
> 
> The approval may consist of trust that the contributor's experience is 
> appropriate for the patch in question.
> 
> I am open to the thrust of the refinement, but it would be confusing if we 
> introduce requirements that are inconsistent with those we already have.
> 
> On 2026/09/24 19:44:34 Caleb Rackliffe wrote:
> > I'm spinning this out of the other thread we have going right now on LLM
> > usage...
> > 
> > I'd like to propose that we slightly change the way we deal with incoming
> > patches that only touch existing tests.
> > 
> > *Current Policy (and please correct me if I've misinterpreted our current
> > rules)*
> > 
> > Fixes from non-committer contributors that only touch existing tests in an
> > effort to stabilize them still require 2 committer reviewers before commit.
> > 
> > *Proposed Policy*
> > 
> > Fixes of this type from non-committer contributors only require one
> > committer review. CI verification of the effectiveness of the fix is still
> > required, etc.
> > 
> > ...
> > 
> > That's it. I'm just looking for ways to make small, reasonable changes that
> > might free up committer bandwidth for some of the larger, more
> > earth-shaking things happening right now.
> > 
> 

Reply via email to