+1

Patrick

> On Sep 24, 2026, at 3:29 PM, Josh McKenzie <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> 
>> 
>> but it would be confusing if we introduce requirements that are inconsistent 
>> with those we already have.
> Seems like the requirements we already have are confusing to many now, given 
> some of the chatter on the other thread.
> 
> I’m +1 to the above relaxations. 
> 
> 
>> On Thu, Sep 24, 2026, at 5:40 PM, Benedict Elliott Smith wrote:
>> To reiterate, currently there is no requirement for committers to review a 
>> contribution. The policy is worded quite precisely: at least one 
>> *contributor* must review a change, and at least two committers must approve 
>> the change (one of whom may be the author).
>> 
>> The approval may consist of trust that the contributor's experience is 
>> appropriate for the patch in question.
>> 
>> I am open to the thrust of the refinement, but it would be confusing if we 
>> introduce requirements that are inconsistent with those we already have.
>> 
>> On 2026/09/24 19:44:34 Caleb Rackliffe wrote:
>> > I'm spinning this out of the other thread we have going right now on LLM
>> > usage...
>> > 
>> > I'd like to propose that we slightly change the way we deal with incoming
>> > patches that only touch existing tests.
>> > 
>> > *Current Policy (and please correct me if I've misinterpreted our current
>> > rules)*
>> > 
>> > Fixes from non-committer contributors that only touch existing tests in an
>> > effort to stabilize them still require 2 committer reviewers before commit.
>> > 
>> > *Proposed Policy*
>> > 
>> > Fixes of this type from non-committer contributors only require one
>> > committer review. CI verification of the effectiveness of the fix is still
>> > required, etc.
>> > 
>> > ...
>> > 
>> > That's it. I'm just looking for ways to make small, reasonable changes that
>> > might free up committer bandwidth for some of the larger, more
>> > earth-shaking things happening right now.
>> > 
>> 

Reply via email to