+1 from me too on the initial proposal and the additional clarification in
the follow up mail. Thanks, Caleb

On Thu, 24 Sep 2026 at 17:01, Aleksey Yeshchenko via dev <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Sure, sounds reasonable to me, +1.
>
> On 24 Sep 2026, at 21:05, David Capwell via dev <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> I could support this change.
>
> On Sep 24, 2026, at 12:46 PM, Caleb Rackliffe <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> ...and fixes from committers still require a committer review, just to
> remove any incentive for someone to push through silly things like ignoring
> tests that indicate real problems.
>
> On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 2:44 PM Caleb Rackliffe <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm spinning this out of the other thread we have going right now on LLM
>> usage...
>>
>> I'd like to propose that we slightly change the way we deal with incoming
>> patches that only touch existing tests.
>>
>> *Current Policy (and please correct me if I've misinterpreted our current
>> rules)*
>>
>> Fixes from non-committer contributors that only touch existing tests in
>> an effort to stabilize them still require 2 committer reviewers before
>> commit.
>>
>> *Proposed Policy*
>>
>> Fixes of this type from non-committer contributors only require one
>> committer review. CI verification of the effectiveness of the fix is still
>> required, etc.
>>
>> ...
>>
>> That's it. I'm just looking for ways to make small, reasonable changes
>> that might free up committer bandwidth for some of the larger, more
>> earth-shaking things happening right now.
>>
>
>
>

Reply via email to