Am 28.09.2026 um 12:49 schrieb sebb:
On Sat, 26 Sept 2026 at 13:27, Jim Jagielski <[email protected]> wrote:
I am calling a VOTE on releasing the source and complimentary community builds 
of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.17-RC1 (Git hash 0x8b0c57b6af) as GA.

These artifacts can be found at:

   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.17-RC1/
There is some missing information needed by reviewers:

What is the immutable source tag for checking the contents of the
source artifacts?
Where is the KEYS file for checking sigs?

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/openoffice/KEYS


Also, for provenance, some way of immutably identifying the RC is
needed (an SVN tag is not immutable).
It needs to be possible to irrefutably tie the published release back
to the vote.

Commit 8b0c57b6a should been used. Where is that to be documented?

we had some logic that backed that into the about message, but not sure if that is still the case.


Please cast your vote:

The Release Candidate is good for production/GA:
   [ ] yes / +1
   [ ] no / -1

My vote is based on:
   [ ] binding (member of PMC)
   [ ] I have built and tested the RC from source on platform [ ]
   [ ] I have tested the binary RC on platform [ ]
I think the following also need to be checked:

[ ] I have checked that the LICENSE and NOTICE entries agree with the
contents of their respective artifacts
what do you mean by this? What is to do here?
[ ] I have checked that the source archive contents matches the source
tag, and does not contain any spurious content

how can you check that? we have tons of files. i could repeat the source packaging and compare a sha value.

Any other ideas?

[ ] I have checked that the binary release does not contain additional
entries that are not AL 2.0 compatible

I an not sure if we have reproducible builds. I think we did have issues with that.

At least i remember some discussions.
And i have no idea how to test this.


This vote will be open for 14 days to allow for sufficient time for testing, 
review, and voting.
--
Jim
   "Ow, chicka-chicka-ow-- OW! Man, my hat's on fire!"
                                 - The Spirit of Jazz


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to