OlivierJaquemet commented on PR #16446: URL: https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/16446#issuecomment-5870362141
@msokolov Totally understand wanting to be cautious here. As an API user myself, I'd hate to see a regression sneak into a minor release. That said, this isn't just a theoretical edge case: #8648 (LUCENE-7597, from 2016) reports the exact same bug. I just ran its repro against this PR, and it's fixed: `you&me` with AND now gives `+(test:you) +(test:me)` instead of the OR'd version. I also ran the boolean precedence cases from the #10355 strawman test (`A AND B OR C AND D`, `Z OR Y AND X`, etc.) with both default operators, and the output is exactly the same on 8.11.3, 10.5.1 and this PR, so the general clause handling isn't affected. Happy to open the backport PR myself if that helps, and #8648 could be closed once this lands. -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
