On Friday 6 September 2024 12:04:08 BST Dale wrote:

> I might add, another odd thing that started after a recent update.  When
> I logout of KDE or when first booting and am on the sddm login screen,
> my first monitor powers off.  The second monitor stays on and has the
> login screen as does the TV screen.  Yet the primary screen turns off.
> At first when we got past the wonky monitor problem, all three would
> stay on and mirror each other.  Now it doesn't.
>
> I might add, if I switch to a console, screen one turns back on and all
> three mirror each other.  I kinda like that because if I need to do
> something that takes a bit, I don't have to go to the living room to
> turn the TV back on again.

It sounds as if the primary monitor is using DPMS in Xorg, if you're running
X, or some similar energy saving feature.  Check SystemSettings > Power
Management > Display and Brightness.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, I think my Gkrellm dock panel problem is related
to KDE 6 not identifying the Gkrellm window as a 'dock/panel', probably
because the Gtk2 code is far too old to integrate with Plasma.  :-(