On Friday 6 September 2024 02:02:55 BST Dale wrote:

> For some reason, the second monitor has a plasma thing, where app menu
> icon, virtual desktop, clock and such is, on the second monitor as
> well.  My TV screen has nothing.  No desktop icons, plasma thingy or
> anything.  It just has a default background image and that is it.  Why
> the second monitor got done that way, I dunno.  May I should remove the
> plasma thing completely.

The "... plasma thing" = Plasma Panel container

Can be placed on any screen edge.

Can be more than one.

Starting from the left, it contains:

1. Kmenu (i.e. application menu/launcher)
2. Desktop pager (virtual desktops)
3. Task manager (shortcut icons to applications and open applications)
4. System Tray (notifications, Kmix, clock, etc.)

>From what I recall SystemSettings allows you to select to have the Plasma
Panel only on the primary monitor.  That's how I've set it on a dual monitor
PC here.