Michael wrote:
> On Friday 6 September 2024 02:02:55 BST Dale wrote:
>
>> For some reason, the second monitor has a plasma thing, where app menu
>> icon, virtual desktop, clock and such is, on the second monitor as
>> well.  My TV screen has nothing.  No desktop icons, plasma thingy or
>> anything.  It just has a default background image and that is it.  Why
>> the second monitor got done that way, I dunno.  May I should remove the
>> plasma thing completely.
> The "... plasma thing" = Plasma Panel container
>
> Can be placed on any screen edge.
>
> Can be more than one.
>
> Starting from the left, it contains:
>
> 1. Kmenu (i.e. application menu/launcher)
> 2. Desktop pager (virtual desktops)
> 3. Task manager (shortcut icons to applications and open applications)
> 4. System Tray (notifications, Kmix, clock, etc.)
>
> >From what I recall SystemSettings allows you to select to have the Plasma
> Panel only on the primary monitor.  That's how I've set it on a dual monitor
> PC here.

Well, on my old rig, the second screen, TV, never had the plasma panel.
On the new rig, it showed up on both from the beginning.  I guess I
could just delete/remove it.  I don't really see a need for two anyway.
I get why the primary has one.  Just no idea why the second does but yet
the third doesn't.  It looks like if the default is to add one to all
screens, then the TV would have one too.  It's not like the puter knows
I only have two of the monitors sitting in front of me and the third is
elsewhere.  ;-)

I might add, another odd thing that started after a recent update.  When
I logout of KDE or when first booting and am on the sddm login screen,
my first monitor powers off.  The second monitor stays on and has the
login screen as does the TV screen.  Yet the primary screen turns off.
At first when we got past the wonky monitor problem, all three would
stay on and mirror each other.  Now it doesn't.

I might add, if I switch to a console, screen one turns back on and all
three mirror each other.  I kinda like that because if I need to do
something that takes a bit, I don't have to go to the living room to
turn the TV back on again.

This monitor situation is getting plenty weird.  I never know when it is
going to change something and work weirdly.  I don't know what is
changing it tho.  I haven't changed anything.

Dale

:-)  :-)