msokolov commented on PR #16664:
URL: https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/16664#issuecomment-5914051448

   I see some performance numbers here, but it is also important to report 
recall, especially under different merge scenarios. In the past we've seen 
significant degradation due to a low deletion rate accumulating errors over 
many merges, but we had only tested merging segments with a higher deletion 
rate.  I want to avoid that kind of trap with thorough testing of anything that 
has the potential to impact the graph quality, as I think this does (from the 
description - I haven't looked at the implementation). 


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to