HoustonPutman commented on PR #16629:
URL: https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/16629#issuecomment-5768764303

   > OK, let's remove NumericFieldStats too. I'll take a look at 
IndexSortSortedNumericDocValuesQuery - like you said, it's a docvalues query, 
it shouldn't be looking at points in the first place, and you can always use 
IndexOrDocValuesQuery if you have to same values in both structures.
   
   @romseygeek So while I did say that, I think it's just a poorly named class. 
It uses either points or docValues, depending. Instead of removing the 
functionality, it wasn't too hard to add support for doubles and floats (both 
numeric and sorted_numeric docValue encoded) to 
IndexSortSortedNumericDocValuesQuery, since we have docValues type and numeric 
type (through the sort spec). Take a look: 
https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/16699


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to