RussellSpitzer commented on code in PR #18308: URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/18308#discussion_r4145533259
########## format/spec.md: ########## @@ -840,7 +840,7 @@ For example, stats for a `required` `int` field named `id` with field-id `2` are // null_value_count is only used for optional fields // nan_value_count is only used for float and double - // avg_value_size_in_bytes is only used for variable length types + // total_bytes is only used for variable length types Review Comment: I think its' fine not to specify in the Spec. I just don't think we should have an opinion here. ########## format/spec.md: ########## @@ -840,7 +840,7 @@ For example, stats for a `required` `int` field named `id` with field-id `2` are // null_value_count is only used for optional fields // nan_value_count is only used for float and double - // avg_value_size_in_bytes is only used for variable length types + // total_bytes is only used for variable length types Review Comment: I think its' fine not to specify in the Spec. I just don't think we should have an opinion here in the spec. -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
