amogh-jahagirdar commented on code in PR #18308: URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/18308#discussion_r4136130710
########## format/spec.md: ########## @@ -840,7 +840,7 @@ For example, stats for a `required` `int` field named `id` with field-id `2` are // null_value_count is only used for optional fields // nan_value_count is only used for float and double - // avg_value_size_in_bytes is only used for variable length types + // total_bytes is only used for variable length types Review Comment: I think I mostly agree with @RussellSpitzer here. The change to use total_bytes makes sense to me, but I don't think the spec needs to have an opinion on whether it's set to me. Though, for non-variable length types I don't know if it's super useful and can just be computed from constants. But again, spec probably doesn't need to have an opinion here. -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
