Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> Am Wed, Sep 04, 2024 at 05:48:29AM -0500 schrieb Dale:
>
>> I wonder how much fun getting this memory replaced is going to be.  o_O
> I once had a bad stick of Crucial Ballistix DDR3. I think it also started
> with GCC segfaults. So I took a picture of the failing memtest, e-mailed
> that to crucial and they sent me instructions what to do.
>
> I keep the packaging of all my tech stuff, so I put the sticks into their
> blister (I bought it as a kit, so I had to send in both sticks), put a paper
> note in for which one was faulty and sent them off to Crucial in Ireland.
> After two weeks or so I got a new kit in the mail. Thankfully by that time I
> had two kits for the maximum of 4 × 8 GiB, so I was able to continue using
> my PC.

I ordered another set of memory sticks.  I figure I will have to send
them both back which means no memory at all.  I wasn't planning to go to
128GBs yet but guess I am now.  Once new ones come in, I'll start
working on getting them swapped.  I don't recall ever having a memory
stick go bad before.  I've had to reseat one before but not just plain
go bad.

I noticed that that qtweb package now wants 32GBs of space to build
now.  Dang, I feel for someone using a Raspberry Pi.  That thing is
getting really big.  I didn't set up swap so I had to create a swapfile.

Dale

:-)  :-)