[
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5474?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=341502#comment-341502
]
Jason van Zyl commented on MNG-5474:
------------------------------------
I think it makes sense that the order be preserved in the same way. I can't
think of a reason not to.
> combine.children="merge" has reversed ordering of combine.children="append"
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: MNG-5474
> URL: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5474
> Project: Maven 2 & 3
> Issue Type: Bug
> Components: POM
> Affects Versions: 3.0.5
> Reporter: Tobias Oberlies
> Priority: Minor
> Fix For: 3.2.2
>
>
> I have a configuration parameter that has a list of child elements (which
> themselves contain configuration elements). The child elements have distinct
> names, but their order matters. They each denote a pre-condition, and I want
> to be able to specify which one wins in case multiple pre-conditions apply.
> Obviously, I want more specific configuration (e.g. execution level > plugin
> level) to win. As a plugin, I only get the merged configuration as list
> (using the parameter type PlexusConfiguration). So to achieve the desired
> precedence, I need to rely on the order of the child elements.
> I was surprised to see that {{combine.children="merge"}} and
> {{combine.children="append"}} give opposite results. For the former, more
> specific configuration is a the top whereas for the latter, the more specific
> configuration is at the end of the list.
> Example:
> {noformat}
> <configuration>
> <myParam combine.children="append">
> <parentMgtConfig>...</parentMgtConfig>
> <parentConfig>...</parentConfig>
> <pluginConfig>...</pluginConfig>
> <execConfig>...</execConfig>
> </myParam>
> </configuration>
> {noformat}
> {noformat}
> <configuration>
> <myParam combine.children="merge">
> <execConfig>...</execConfig>
> <pluginConfig>...</pluginConfig>
> <parentConfig>...</parentConfig>
> <parentMgtConfig>...</parentMgtConfig>
> </myParam>
> </configuration>
> {noformat}
> I think that {{combine.children="merge"}} should also be in parent-first
> order.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.1.6#6162)