[
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-586?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=285642#comment-285642
]
Brett Porter commented on MASSEMBLY-586:
----------------------------------------
seems to make sense, but where do you think it's best implemented?
One option is in the plugin configuration as a global exclusion. The other I
could see is a global excludes (kind of like default excludes) in a assembly
descriptor.
Or perhaps a more general defaultFileSet could be defined in an assembly
descriptor that is applied to all fileSets in that descriptor (including
components)?
> Add global/ubiquitous excludes to assembly and component descriptors
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: MASSEMBLY-586
> URL: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MASSEMBLY-586
> Project: Maven 2.x Assembly Plugin
> Issue Type: New Feature
> Reporter: Lars Corneliussen
>
> Especially when composing assembly descriptors from multiple components, it
> would be good to be able to define excludes, that have global effect on all
> descriptors. The files and folders excluded globally "do just no exist". For
> example, if I want to be sure, "**/target/**" is ignored, I want to make sure
> that this is valid for ALL defined files and filesets.
> The easiest way would be to to inject those into all fileSets after (while
> respecting basedirs).
> If you like the idea, I'm happy to provide a patch.
--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators:
https://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira