desruisseaux commented on PR #1144:
URL: 
https://github.com/apache/maven-compiler-plugin/pull/1144#issuecomment-6038653556

   In a [previous comment that I wrote about an AI answer to an older 
comment](https://github.com/apache/maven-compiler-plugin/pull/1144#issuecomment-5984123261),
 I pointed out that the AI answer was not correct. The [latest AI answer 
acknowledge this 
error](https://github.com/apache/maven-compiler-plugin/pull/1144#issuecomment-5984278965)
 but that answer is itself a little bit worrying. The answer talks about 
tracking dependencies in a JAR file and doing a full rebuild in a "all or 
nothing" fashion. This is step 3 in my [proposed list of 
tasks](https://github.com/apache/maven-compiler-plugin/pull/1144#issuecomment-5984536369),
 not step 1. It makes me worrying that the AI is going to mix the steps.
   
   I have not yet analysed the large amount of code and comments generated by 
the AI related to this ABI task. I hope to take more time after the upcoming 
Apache Community over Code conference. I wish that these pull requests are not 
merged too quickly. I do not trust the AI at all for doing this work correctly, 
as the AI seems confused again and again.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to