desruisseaux commented on PR #598:
URL: https://github.com/apache/maven-jar-plugin/pull/598#issuecomment-5812548743

   Hello @ascheman. Sorry for the late reply. Fixed the typo (item 2), thanks.
   
   About the addition of `if (excludedFiles != null)` (item 3), it is true that 
it is not needed. I reverted this change. It was probably a leftover of other 
strategy I tried before the one in this pull request.
   
   About JAR considered empty if it contains only directories (item 4), indeed 
this is a side effect of this change. I have no clear opinion about what should 
be considered correct. I think that this is a grey area: a JAR with no file 
seems as useless as an empty JAR to me, but saying the contrary is also a valid 
opinion. The current behaviour is that way only because it was easier to 
implement.
   
   For test coverage (item 1), you may be able to generate one with AI faster 
than me. It may be easier to handle as a separated pull request after this one, 
as you wish.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to