javanna commented on PR #16722:
URL: https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/16722#issuecomment-5948509227

   Hey, thanks for these improvements and thanks for merging them @rmuir !
   
   I was wondering about the users impact of these. The new components are a 
great addition, they can be used in custom analyzers and they were not 
available before. But I believe there's also a part of these changes that 
modifies previously existing, built-in components. Is that correct? Is this 
good to do in a minor? I believe upon upgrade users will get different tokens 
with the same input, doesn't that require reindexing?


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to