Pulkitg64 commented on issue #16533:
URL: https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues/16533#issuecomment-5591120385

   > May be I am not correct but I guess we have jdk.incubator.vector.Float16 
though not flat and requires value classes to improve but it is worth a try I 
guess (just heap will be object clutter of f16).
   
   @CH-Abhinav I think the issue which you pointed out are correct. The issue 
with this approach is the object overhead for each float value. Also if you 
check the implementation of Float16 class 
([link](https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/24/docs/api/jdk.incubator.vector/jdk/incubator/vector/Float16.html)),
 you will find it is also doing the same conversion which we are doing in the 
existing implementation. So using Float16 class does not bring any benefits to 
us.
   
   ```
     public float floatValue() {
           return float16ToFloat(value);
       }
   ```
   
   > Also Java as Float.floatToFloat16() which we can try using instead (idk if 
we are using this need to check it)
   
   We are already doing this in the existing implementation.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to