[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9394?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17141165#comment-17141165
]
Erick Erickson commented on LUCENE-9394:
----------------------------------------
Thanks, I propose that I just add the SuppressWarnings to the 8x code line. My
reasoning is that, despite the effort I've been putting in to get clean
compiles, what I've done hasn't actually _fixed_ anything. It has laid the
groundwork for not getting worse is all (8,000 warnings in Solr sheesh!).
Given that, it's hard for me to justify any changes affecting back-compat for a
minor release, even if it's not that much of an inconvanience. Add to that that
I imagine we'll be cutting 9.0 in the not too distant future and there'll be a
limited amount of back-port pain.
I could be persuaded otherwise, but that's my starting position...
> Fix or suppress compile-time warnings
> -------------------------------------
>
> Key: LUCENE-9394
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-9394
> Project: Lucene - Core
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Reporter: Michael Sokolov
> Assignee: Michael Sokolov
> Priority: Major
> Fix For: master (9.0)
>
> Time Spent: 50m
> Remaining Estimate: 0h
>
> This is a spinoff from [~erickerickson]'s efforts over in SOLR-10778
> The goal is a warning-free compilation, followed by enforcement of build
> failure on warnings, with the idea of suppressing innocuous warnings to the
> extent that the remaining warnings be treated as build failure.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.3.4#803005)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]