zeroshade commented on PR #2075:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg-go/pull/2075#issuecomment-5940100487

   Thanks @itsbilal! I replied with 
https://github.com/apache/iceberg-go/pull/2075#discussion_r4160158324 and I 
understand where you're coming from. Though I think that 
`RefreshTableCredentials` could also be utilized simply in the case where the 
temporary vended credentials have expired in addition to with an externally 
created table. We just don't want to leak thinks into publicly exported methods 
that shouldn't get leaked.
   
   Separately, since #2068 merged and has caused some conflicts here, make sure 
that when you rebase you add pass `tbl.Labels()` through `tableFromResponse` so 
the credential refresh doesn't drop any labels. And please update the PR 
description from "top-level method on catalogs" to instead describe the 
optional interface approach and the new table API.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to