mengna-lin commented on issue #18300:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg/issues/18300#issuecomment-5918264629

   > Hi, I'd like to work on the AWS part of this. My plan: add a config 
property (e.g. kms.client.aws.key-generation-enabled) read in 
AwsKeyManagementClient.initialize() and use it in supportsKeyGeneration(). Two 
questions: (1) what should the property name and default be? 
[#18210](https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/18210) uses 
kms.client.aliyun.key.generation.enabled with default true, but keeping false 
would preserve current AWS behavior. (2) Should Aliyun be handled in 
[#18210](https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/18210) or as a follow-up after 
it merges?
   
   Hi, 
   Thanks for taking the AWS part.
   1. I agree keeping false to preserve the current AWS behavior. Do you think 
if `encryption.kek-generation-enabled` is ok? It is in same format of 
`encryption.key-id`.
   2. I can create a separate PR after 
https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/18210 is merged on Aliyun.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to