mengna-lin opened a new issue, #18300: URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg/issues/18300
### Feature Request / Improvement **Current behavior** AwsKeyManagementClient always uses wrapKey to create key encryption keys and never calls generateKey, even though AWS KMS supports server-side generation (GenerateDataKey) and the client implements it. **Proposal — make it configurable** ### Query engine None ### Willingness to contribute - [x] I can contribute this improvement/feature independently - [ ] I would be willing to contribute this improvement/feature with guidance from the Iceberg community - [ ] I cannot contribute this improvement/feature at this time -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
