sungwy commented on PR #6:
URL: 
https://github.com/apache/iceberg-verification/pull/6#issuecomment-5892999902

   Hi @moomindani thanks for verifying all the reference examples from the 
consumer side.
   
   I agree with the findings regarding the substitution approach. I had 
initially attempted adding that as an alternative, especially for OS 
environments where symlink creation mechanics may be different. I'm leaning 
towards removing this approach for now and only supporting the symlink approach 
prior to the introduction of relative paths in V4.
   
   The Paths section now documents only the symlink route and states it is not 
yet verified on Windows. I also added that path setup is verified by a scan, 
since a load opens only the metadata file and passes without the symlink.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to