On Tuesday, 29 September 2026 13:32:26 British Summer Time Heinz-Jürgen Oertel wrote: > Hello, > > I have to format a romanien text and Problems with the PDF output. > especially the two glyphs for ş and ţ are not correctly present in the > output PDF, they are simply missing. I can try different font families but > I hope someone can help directly. > > Greetings > Heinz
Hi Heinz, This command works for me (using default TR font):- groff -Tpdf -Kutf8 -ms Romanian.ms | okular - It uses a "fallback" definition of:- . fchar \[s ac] \zs\[ac] . fchar \[t ac] \zt\[ac] You can use a "proper" glyph if you include "-fU-T" in the command. (This may elicit a font not found error - not all groff installations include the "U-" fonts which includes glyphs for Latin-2). If the characters are still missing please could you post/or email me:- The result of "groff -Tpdf -v". Any errors seen when running the command. The pdf produced when adding "-P-d" to the command. If the problem occurs only with fonts which you have installed yourself, please include the groff font file and the .pfb file. Cheers Deri
