David Ford wrote:
Q. Should I expect people to follow my opinion of how messages are
formatted and make them scroll a growing number of pages for each new
email to reach the most recently typed content?
A. If I'm anal and feel people must oblige my opinion.

Agreed - I tend to just write at the top for "normal" people and write at the bottom when talking to technical people. Each will winge if you do the opposite...

However, I did discover there is a plugin for Thunderbird called something like quotecollapse which makes it possible to more easily read the rantings of those who feel it's important to bottom post (basically only the first line of each chunk of text is visible but you can unfold the rest if you need to). Very neat idea!

Regards

Ed W