Q. Should I expect people to follow my opinion of how messages are
formatted and make them scroll a growing number of pages for each new
email to reach the most recently typed content?
A. If I'm anal and feel people must oblige my opinion.

aka

Q. Should people limit their lines of text to less than 40 columns?
A. Not everyone has left the stone age of monochrome terminals that are
40 chars wide, so yes.