allthingssecurity opened a new pull request, #27644:
URL: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/27644

   # Description
   
   [CAMEL-25511](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-25511)
   
   With `consumeDelete=true` (the default) `JooqConsumer.poll()` deleted every 
entity it had fetched after the batch, whatever happened to the exchanges. A 
failed route leaves the exception on the exchange instead of throwing it, so a 
row whose processing failed (or whose exchange was marked rollback only) was 
deleted and lost; when a graceful shutdown started after the fetch, the batch 
was not processed but its rows were deleted as well.
   
   Now the consumer records, right after processing each exchange, whether it 
completed successfully (not failed, not rollback only) and deletes only those 
entities, as the camel-jpa consumer does. A failed entity stays in the table 
and is consumed again by the next poll, so an entity that always fails is 
processed at every poll. Docs updated (with the catalog copy) and an upgrade 
guide note added for 4.23.
   
   Tests:
   - New `JooqConsumerDeleteFailedTest`: one poll (scheduler not started) over 
two authors, where the route fails for one of them, marks one exchange rollback 
only, or the poll runs after `deferShutdown(CompleteCurrentTaskOnly)` (as at 
the start of a graceful shutdown).
   - Without the change all three fail: `expected: <[2]> but was: <[]>` twice 
and `expected: <2> but was: <0>` (the rows are gone).
   - With the change: camel-jooq 16 tests, 0 failures.
   
   Found with a Lean 4 model of the poll: "an entity is deleted only if its 
exchange succeeded" fails for one failed entity, and the fix is proved to 
satisfy it and to delete the same entities as before when every exchange 
succeeds. I then reproduced it with the consumer.
   
   # Target
   
   - [x] I checked that the commit is targeting the correct branch (Camel 4 
uses the `main` branch)
   
   # Tracking
   - [x] If this is a large change, bug fix, or code improvement, I checked 
there is a [JIRA issue](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL) filed for 
the change (usually before you start working on it).
   
   # Apache Camel coding standards and style
   
   - [x] I checked that each commit in the pull request has a meaningful 
subject line and body.
   - [ ] I have run `mvn clean install -DskipTests` locally from root folder 
and I have committed all auto-generated changes.
     (I built and tested camel-jooq, including the formatter and import-sort 
plugins. I did not run the full root build.)
   
   # AI-assisted contributions
   
   - [x] If this PR includes AI-generated code, commits have proper 
co-authorship attribution (e.g., `Co-authored-by` trailers) and the PR 
description identifies the AI tool used.
     This PR was prepared with Claude Code (Claude Opus 5.5). The commit 
carries a `Co-Authored-By` trailer.
   
   _Claude Code on behalf of allthingssecurity_
   
   🤖 Generated with [Claude Code](https://claude.com/claude-code)
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to