Yan,

Could you configure IdP initiated login to redirect to appB rather than cas?

fails due to the following,
Is something missing after this?

Ray

On Mon, 2023-11-27 at 11:36 -0800, Yan Zhou wrote:
Notice: This message was sent from outside the University of Victoria email 
system. Please be cautious with links and sensitive information.

Hi,

I am on CAS 6.4.x. Two apps,  appA, authenticated by Okta, and appB, 
authenticated by CAS, cas delegates authN to Okta for appB.

This is working correctly:  I login to appA via Okta, when I got to appB URL, 
SSO happens. If I go straight to appB without login to Okta first, delegated 
authN takes me to Okta login page, etc.   That works, partly because I have 
setup an Application inside Okta Admin portal, for Okta to post SAML response 
to CAS SSO endpoint:  https://..../cas/login?client_name=Okta

But, this is Not working.  I login to my Okta portal, I click on the SAML2 
application icon in Okta portal, i.e., Idp initiated flow,

I expect that I will be in appB via SSO, but I am getting "application not 
authorized error" on CAS. Using SAML tracer, I found the SAML payload is almost 
identical in both cases, but the IdP-initiated flow fails due to the following, 
is that because there is Not CAS delegating to Okta, since it is Okta-initiated 
request, so the call fails?

What do I need to do to make Idp initiated flow (i.e., initiated by Okta, which 
CAS delegates authN to) work?

Thanks!

    protected TransientSessionTicket retrieveSessionTicketViaClientId(final 
WebContext webContext, final String clientId) {
        try {
            val ticket = 
configContext.getCentralAuthenticationService().getTicket(clientId, 
TransientSessionTicket.class);
            LOGGER.debug("Located delegated authentication client identifier as 
[{}]", ticket.getId());
            return ticket;
        } catch (final Exception e) {
            LOGGER.error("Delegated client identifier cannot be located in the 
authentication request [{}]", webContext.getFullRequestURL());
            throw new 
UnauthorizedServiceException(UnauthorizedServiceException.CODE_UNAUTHZ_SERVICE, 
StringUtils.EMPTY);
        }
    }

-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/4897c340ae89a57cdc18c7538ff6d2fa19234f4f.camel%40uvic.ca.

Reply via email to