Hi, 

I am on CAS 6.4.x. Two apps,  appA, authenticated by Okta, and appB, 
authenticated by CAS, cas delegates authN to Okta for appB.

This is working correctly:  I login to appA via Okta, when I got to appB 
URL, SSO happens. If I go straight to appB without login to Okta first, 
delegated authN takes me to Okta login page, etc.   That works, partly 
because I have setup an Application inside Okta Admin portal, for Okta to 
post SAML response to CAS SSO endpoint:  
https://..../cas/login?client_name=Okta

But, this is Not working.  I login to my Okta portal, I click on the SAML2 
application icon in Okta portal, i.e., Idp initiated flow, 

I expect that I will be in appB via SSO, but I am getting "application not 
authorized error" on CAS. Using SAML tracer, I found the SAML payload is 
almost identical in both cases, but the IdP-initiated flow fails due to the 
following, is that because there is Not CAS delegating to Okta, since it is 
Okta-initiated request, so the call fails?

What do I need to do to make Idp initiated flow (i.e., initiated by Okta, 
which CAS delegates authN to) work?

Thanks!

    protected TransientSessionTicket retrieveSessionTicketViaClientId(final 
WebContext webContext, final String clientId) {
        try {
            val ticket = 
configContext.getCentralAuthenticationService().getTicket(clientId, 
TransientSessionTicket.class);
            LOGGER.debug("Located delegated authentication client 
identifier as [{}]", ticket.getId());
            return ticket;
        } catch (final Exception e) {
            LOGGER.error("Delegated client identifier cannot be located in 
the authentication request [{}]", webContext.getFullRequestURL());
            throw new 
UnauthorizedServiceException(UnauthorizedServiceException.CODE_UNAUTHZ_SERVICE, 
StringUtils.EMPTY);
        }
    }

-- 
- Website: https://apereo.github.io/cas
- Gitter Chatroom: https://gitter.im/apereo/cas
- List Guidelines: https://goo.gl/1VRrw7
- Contributions: https://goo.gl/mh7qDG
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CAS 
Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/apereo.org/d/msgid/cas-user/8ee1f500-7a5a-4060-b729-8e98996ee544n%40apereo.org.

Reply via email to