See my first answer, I've run an experiment and the training went exactly
the same with both approaches (separate box per character or the same
line-box for all characters).

Mateusz

czwartek, 5 września 2024 o 17:41:50 UTC+2 Danny napisał(a):

Hi Zdenko,
Thanks for the response.  However, ocrd-testset.zip contains training
images and ground truth text without boxes.

True, the images contain a full line of text:
[image: alexis_ruhe01_1852_0099_012.png]

But there are no box files in the training set.

I'd like to confirm if the LSTM training set's xxx.box file is expected
contain one box per line (wrapping the entire line) or one box per
character in the line...  Any insight?