On 14/10/2024 20:25, Ted Felix wrote:
  The code in question is here:

AlsaDriver::createMidiDevice()

  It appears to create all ports with the name "out x - unnamed". What does a2jmidid show?

a2jmidid shows correct names in a form such as:

'rosegarden [129] (capture): out 1 - General Midi'

Aj2midid does react to deleting and creating a new MIDI out port (i.e. 'device' but if you create one when it has already been started it won't ever pick up the correct name. On the other hand if you load a rosegarden file which already contains multiple midi out devices with different names it will indeed pick them.

Best,

Lorenzo

Ted.