Hi Will,

On 15/04/2022 12:04, Will Godfrey wrote:
On Thu, 14 Apr 2022 19:46:38 -0400
Ted Felix <t...@tedfelix.com> wrote:

As a compulsive matrix-er I'll give this a run :)

Something I've been meaning to as for some time is (in view->rulers) whether
some of the less used controller types such as reverb and chorus could be
replaced with arbitrary user definable types. I frequently MIDI-learn Yoshimi's
internal controls and this would make things a lot easier.

Not sure you're aware of this, but this is actually achievable by editing the Midi Playback device (Studio > Manage Midi Devices) and then opening the 'Controllers...' window. Any Controller you add here will also appear as an add-able ruler, provided the track is using that MIDI device.

The process is indeed tedious, reason why I created a template called YOSHIMI_TEMPLATE.rgd which includes a device with a bunch of useful Yoshimi controllers like 71, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78... Happy to share the template if it's useful (although it also has *all* controllers removed from the pane to make sure Rosegarden is *not* sending controllers or patch changes when loading / playing /looping - another thread). :-)

Lorenzo