On Wed, 16 Oct 2024 at 20:16, Andrew Hodgkinson <ahodg...@rowing.org.uk> wrote:

> I can find a mailing list post reviewing early flexbox support from 7 years
> ago! LibCSS used by NetSurf gained Flexbox support in v0.8.0; it's currently
> on v0.9.2.

Yeah, a developer who used LibCSS for an iOS app originally added
the flex support for us a long time ago.

However NetSurf didn't do anything with those properties until a
couple of years ago:

https://source.netsurf-browser.org/netsurf.git/log/content/handlers/html/layout_flex.c

There are a couple of sample test cases here, which use flex
properties, and should render the same as Firefox:

  https://source.netsurf-browser.org/netsurf.git/tree/test/flex

If I were developing a web site to work in NetSurf now, I'd use
flex. The NetSurf web site doesn't because it was designed years
ago and hasn't been modernised.

Michael