[
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5532?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]
Robert Scholte closed MNG-5532.
-------------------------------
Resolution: Not A Bug
Assignee: Robert Scholte
To be correct: this is not a Maven bug, but an Eclipse Tycho/Equinox issue and
should be reported there. I found [this
thread|http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/tycho-user/msg04916.html] which
might help.
> Adding repository error running mvn clean
> -----------------------------------------
>
> Key: MNG-5532
> URL: https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5532
> Project: Maven 2 & 3
> Issue Type: Bug
> Components: Artifacts and Repositories
> Affects Versions: 3.1.1
> Environment: Apache Maven 3.1.1
> (0728685237757ffbf44136acec0402957f723d9a; 2013-09-17 11:22:22-0400)
> Maven home: C:\apache-maven-3.1.1
> Java version: 1.7.0_40, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> Java home: C:\Java\jdk1.7.0.40-x64\jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
> OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
> Reporter: Gregg Stewart
> Assignee: Robert Scholte
> Attachments: debug.log
>
>
> Problem:
> While running "mvn clean" I receive some exceptions while:
> Adding repository http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/license
> The -X debug output has been attached to see the full error. I've also
> provided instructions on how I receive this error.
> The first exception is:
> java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.eclipse.tycho.p2.remote.RemoteMetadataRepositoryManager cannot be cast to
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.MetadataRepositoryManager
> I have to admit that I'm pretty new to building eclipse and using maven. My
> apologies if this is not a valid bug. I'm doing some more research to see if
> I am missing something.
> I'm not clear whether this is a problem with Maven or the maybe the POM. I'm
> opening the bug under Maven since I found this at the end of the error:
> [ERROR] [Help 1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/InternalErrorException
> I believe I received something similar while using the eclipse plugin so
> decided to download/use apache maven outside of eclipse to see if i received
> the same problem. After extracting maven, changing some maven environment
> variables, i re-extracted the zip i downloaded and tried using the mvn
> binary. But it looks like it failed in the same place.
> STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
> 1. Go to
> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/R-4.3.1-201309111000/
> 2. click the link for "View the repositories used for the current build."
> 3. copy/paste the URL for:
> http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator.git/commit?id=629251e64d8bebd34caca0939ee2e4c460eee609
> 4. download the file:
> eclipse.platform.releng.aggregator-629251e64d8bebd34caca0939ee2e4c460eee609.zip
> 5. rename my existing .m2 repository folder to .m2.old (because I had a bunch
> of stuff in there from training stuff).
> 6. extract the file from step 4 to my C:\apache-maven-3.1.1 directory.
> 7. open a command prompt and cd to the directory:
> C:\apache-maven-3.1.1\eclipse.platform\eclipse.platform.releng.tychoeclipsebuilder\platform
> 8. run: mvn clean
> 9. receive error while:
> Adding repository http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/license
> Kind regards,
> Gregg
--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira