[
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-389?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=156709#action_156709
]
jcrouvi commented on MRELEASE-389:
----------------------------------
I have just tested it again and it works (??). I can not reproduce the bug.
* Before the tests I called:
** {{mvn clean}}
** {{mvn release:clean}}
* The version of the original pom file before the test was:
{{<version>4.0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>}}
* Before the tests I removed all maven-release plugins from my repository
{{rm -rf $M2_REPOS/org/apache/maven/release}}
and downloaded them again:
** Downloading:
http://repository.ipie.ch/content/groups/public/org/apache/maven/release/maven-release/5/maven-release-5.pom
** Downloading:
http://repository.ipie.ch/content/groups/public/org/apache/maven/release/maven-release-manager/1.0-alpha-5/maven-release-manager-1.0-alpha-5.pom
** Downloading:
http://repository.ipie.ch/content/groups/public/org/apache/maven/release/maven-release-manager/1.0-alpha-5/maven-release-manager-1.0-alpha-5.jar
The reason of the unexpected behiaviour is perhaps the patch and the
modification I made to the maven-release-manager because of the bug
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-128?actionOrder=desc
I attached the protocol of my test: text file {{jcrouvi_20081204_test.log}}
> Properties releaseVersion and developmentVersion are not read correctly
> during release:prepare (eventually release:perform)
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: MRELEASE-389
> URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-389
> Project: Maven 2.x Release Plugin
> Issue Type: Bug
> Affects Versions: 2.0-beta-8
> Environment: Maven version: 2.0.9
> Java version: 1.6.0_07
> OS name: "windows xp" version: "5.1" arch: "x86" Family: "windows"
> scm=CVS
> Reporter: jcrouvi
> Fix For: 2.0-beta-9
>
> Attachments: jcrouvi_20081204_test.log, Patch-MRELEASE-389.txt
>
>
> Calling
> mvn --batch-mode release:prepare release:perform -Dtag=TEST_RELEASE-3_0_0
> -DreleaseVersion=3.0.0 -DdevelopmentVersion=3.0.1-SNAPSHOT
> doesn't produce the expected results:
> * -DdevelopmentVersion=3.0.1-SNAPSHOT
> ** the value is not set correctly in the file pom.xml:
> *** Expected: <version>3.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
> *** But was: <version>2.0.5-SNAPSHOT</version>
> * -DreleaseVersion=3.0.0
> ** the artifacts are not created correctly:
> *** Expected artifact: ipi-multimodule-b-3.0.0.jar
> *** But was: ipi-multimodule-b-2.0.4.jar
> ** the value is not set correctly in the file pom.xml (comment in CVS:
> [maven-release-plugin] prepare release TEST_RELEASE-3_0_0):
> *** Expected: <version>3.0.0</version>
> *** But was: <version>2.0.4</version>
> * -Dtag=TEST_RELEASE-3_0_0
> ** the value is set correctly in the file pom.xml
> ** the tagging of the CVS module is also correct.
--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira