[
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3057?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=152123#action_152123
]
Henrik Brautaset Aronsen commented on MNG-3057:
-----------------------------------------------
Hi Maxim.
I'm attaching [^maven-install-parent.patch], which is the one I've been using
locally for awhile. It fixes dots in property names and the properties
replacements you mentioned, as well as the failing unit tests.
I am not using nested properties and mvn deploy myself, and haven't given that
much thought -- sorry about that.
I don't think the maven team have any plans of including *this* patch, but
there's ongoing work in MNG-624 to do something simliar which [might be
included in Maven
2.1.0-M6|http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+2.1.0+Release+Plan] .
> properties not expanded in generated POMs when building A/B/C nested projects
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: MNG-3057
> URL: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3057
> Project: Maven 2
> Issue Type: Bug
> Components: Inheritance and Interpolation
> Affects Versions: 2.0.7
> Reporter: George Armhold
> Fix For: 2.0.x
>
> Attachments: example.tar.gz, generated-poms.tar.gz,
> InstallMojo.java.patch, InstallMojo.java.patch, maven-install-parent.patch
>
>
> Using Maven version: 2.0.8-SNAPSHOT, svn r547427.
> I checked out and built 2.0.8 because I was interested in Jason van Zyl's
> patch for MNG-2619- "building from the middle pom of a
> (parent,child,grandchild) heirarchy fails". The fix works for the most part,
> but there still seems to be a problem with the poms that get generated during
> the install goal. The poms that get installed into .m2/repository do not
> have properties interpolated. If I run maven like:
> $ mvn install -Dglobal-version=1.0.0
> I get poms with the string "${global-version}" embedded in the resulting poms
> rather than what I specify on the command line (or in settings.xml). The
> build works properly aside from this, and if I do "mvn help:effective-pom"
> the properties are correctly interpolated.
> I've attached a tarfile with an example A/B/C build structure that exhibits
> this behavior, as well as the generated poms.
> Many thanks for your attention.
--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira