jtibshirani commented on a change in pull request #11:
URL: https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/11#discussion_r607396127
##########
File path: lucene/MIGRATE.md
##########
@@ -358,11 +358,21 @@ Rather, an IllegalArgumentException shall be thrown. This
is introduced for bett
defence and to ensure that there is no bubbling up of errors when Lucene is
used in multi level applications
-## Assumption of data consistency between different data-structures sharing
the same field name
+### Require consistency between data-structures on a per-field basis
-Sorting on a numeric field that is indexed with both doc values and points may
use an
Review comment:
I don't think this change enforces that the same values were passed to
each field. So maybe we could keep this note about data consistency, as it's
not fully covered under the new one "Require consistency between data
structures..." I'm also curious if we plan to enforce value consistency in a
follow-up? (Sorry if I'm missing something, I'm not fully up-to-date on the PR).
--
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]