dannycjones commented on issue #2411:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg-rust/issues/2411#issuecomment-6058105246

   > Hi, would you accept agent-written contributions to move iceberg v3 
support forward? I'm working on a downstream project that uses iceberg-rust 
internally and would really benefit from having full v3 support.
   > 
   > I'm not a Rust expert myself but we have a large and complex data 
intelligence product with a data lakehouse and many use cases to verify 
against. I'd be testing and verifying any changes and contributions in a 
production environment with real data.
   > 
   > Perhaps by referencing the official spec and implementations in other 
languages (Go seems complete?) agents might be good enough to produce a 
suitable outcome?
   
   Hey @mfellner, thank you for offering. I think we broadly have 
implementations open for all of V3 support. The bottleneck is on reviewer 
capacity at the moment. Additional review and scrutiny is welcome!
   
   I think there may be the odd bit detail that's not quite right at the 
moment. For example, I think I may have come across V3 fields being written 
into V1+V2 manifests. Identifying any gaps like that would be great to address.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to