DerGut opened a new issue, #3361: URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg-rust/issues/3361
### What's the feature are you trying to implement? Read restrictions landed in Iceberg's REST spec with https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/13879. There's a number of steps required to ship Rust support for this feature: 1. parsing the new `read-restrictions` JSON field from loadTable responses and passing them to the `TableScan` 2. implement the [many column projections/ masks](https://github.com/apache/iceberg/blob/4479136cbcd3d2f1066a01e7035aca700b4645d1/open-api/rest-catalog-open-api.yaml#L3941-L3949) (there's a [draft Java precedent](https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/16198)) 3. do the filtering + projection during scanning 4. provide an option to override execution of read restrictions in the query engine (DataFusion) instead I'm happy to contribute but since this is a bigger feature, I'd need some input too! ### Willingness to contribute I would be willing to contribute to this feature with guidance from the Iceberg Rust community -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
