JeonDaehong commented on issue #3326:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg-rust/issues/3326#issuecomment-5991154505

   @zhangfengcdt 
   
   I'd like to pick this up. I've mostly worked on the Java side so far (e.g., 
apache/iceberg#18027), so aligning the behavior here with Java sounds like a 
great fit for me.
   
   **Plan :**
   Format floats and doubles in Datum::to_human_string only, keeping Display 
unchanged so the change stays limited to partition paths and summary keys. The 
output will follow Java's Double.toString / Float.toString as of JDK 19+, which 
uses the shortest representation just like Rust. Older JDKs differ for a few 
values (e.g., JDK 17 prints 1.0E23 as 9.999999999999999E22), which I'll make 
sure to note in the PR.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to