laskoviymishka commented on PR #2101:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg-go/pull/2101#issuecomment-5962238734

   @zeroshade that's fair. For the record, #18048 was my PR too, and I closed 
it after @pvary raised the same transient-data concern, so this is really the 
same open question rather than a new one.
   
   I do think there's a client-library angle still worth settling: in pyiceberg 
/ rust / go, inspect is a library read API rather than an engine-facing SQL 
surface, so the determinism expectation may sit a bit differently than it does 
for the core/Spark metadata tables. Plus there is no clear alternative like 
`DESCRIBE ... EXTENDED` in Spark.
   
   But that's a dev@ question, so I'll re-iterate this decision in that thread. 
   
   Either way I'll fold in your doc points: drop the Java-parity wording and 
document the actual contract (catalog-provided, captured at load, empty for 
non-REST catalogs, not part of Equals).


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to