huaxingao commented on PR #18288:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/18288#issuecomment-5941766766

   @Asthenia0412 Thanks for taking this on. The approach looks correct to me.
   
   I've also reviewed @abrarsher23's implementation at Affirm/iceberg#17, which 
takes the same approach with more cases covered, and I agree with his points 
above. Of the seven, I'd treat (1) key-type comparison, (2) CDC without upsert 
and (3) one tracker per partition as required before merge, since each changes 
behaviour; (5) is already failing CI. And +1 to @pvary's 
`create`/`track`/`untrack` shape on (6):  Affirm/iceberg#17 ended up close to 
it, with `put`/`remove` kept package-private and the sink owning the shared 
trackers. I'd like to see the two converge rather than drift apart.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to