LuciferYang commented on PR #980:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg-cpp/pull/980#issuecomment-5937332209

   Design note for the next review pass: I moved `RegisterTable` back to 
reading the metadata outside the lock and then validating the namespace and 
registering under a single lock. This keeps the namespace check and the insert 
atomic (no window for a concurrent namespace drop between them) while never 
holding the catalog mutex during metadata I/O, consistent with how `LoadTable` 
reads outside the lock. The tradeoff is that a register targeting a missing 
namespace reads the metadata before the check rejects it; for this in-memory 
catalog that discarded read is negligible, and I preferred it over splitting 
the check and the insert into two critical sections.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to